Photos are mostly stream of consciousness... 1) Bear logo, 2) Devin Hester jumping over drug-user Todd Sauerbrun,
3) Matt Forte, 4) Walter, 5) Hester, 6) Rex Grossman, aka "The Loser",
7) NY Jets #4 jersey, 8) Kyle Orton, aka "Neck Beard", 9) Jessica
Simpson, 10) Lovie, 11) Giselle
Send me something and I'll add/replace... email@example.com
Payton34 2008 Fantasy Football
There are 4 sections: the DRAFT, the SEASON, the PLAYOFFS, the HANGOVER.
We're at: football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/payton34_football
peace... yow, bill
Payton34 2008 Champion
Owner: Jay Cervenka
Payton Bowl VI (that's 6 for you non-Romans out there)... the best ever!
PAYTON BOWL VI
HOFFMAN HILLBILLY 79
Melonville LaRue 74
Vegas line has the Larue heavily favored by 8 1/2 points. USA Today has
touted the matchup as a "classic battle of good versus evil". The
HILLBILLY, the "good", faces a difficult road in facing down the dark
forces of a Melonville team that has shown no mercy all year. Stay
The first round of the playoffs is:
Melonville Larue 71, Naper Hawk Shadow 40 [boxscore]
HOFFMAN HILLBILLY 68, KGG 45 [boxscore]
Tue Dec 9, 2008
Final regular season standings:
And please enjoy the All-Payton34 team:
|QB||Aa Rogers, gnb||St. Charles Sapphire||149|
|RB||D Williams, car||not baseball?||146|
|RB||M Turner, atl||Melonville Larue||140|
|WR||A Boldin, ari||Naper Hawk Shadow||110|
|WR||L Fitzgerald, ari||HOFFMAN HILLBILLY||105|
|R/W||T Jones, nyj||KGG||136|
|TE||T Gonzalez, kan||Palatine Panther||77|
|K||S Gostkowski, nwe|
R Longwell, min
|Naper Hawk Shadow|
|D||Green Bay||Dark Cobra||108|
Cudos to Aaron Rogers, with 149 points... 2008 Payton34 MVP!
I know you love fun statistics:
isn't a single first-round selection in the All-P34 team. The highest
drafted player on the list? Larry Fitzgerald... taken by the HILLBILLY
in the 2nd round.
- All the All-P34 players were drafted though... no free agents.
MVP was deftly drafted in the 11th round by the Larue. Rodgers was
then, maybe not so deftly, traded by the Larue to the Sapphire on Sep
27. Similarly, the Mini-Burger spent 7th round money for the best
kicker in the league, Gostkowski... but inexplicably dropped the kicker
on Sep 23, where he was quickly snarfed by the Hawk Shadow.
cry for the Larue... the first-place team socred 973 points, an average
of 69.5 points/game. Larue was more than 100 points better than the
2nd-highest scoring team (KGG 869). Incredible!
Last fun stat... the top 4 scoring teams in the league are our 4 playoff teams. Sounds like a plan to me!
peace... yow, bill
Thu Sep 4, 2008
Are you ready for some football! Su-weet.
have had a couple requests (Bobbie, Eric) for some equal time pictures.
I guess that Neck Beard and Lovie are not enough beefcake for some out
So, in an effort to placate the masses (and not get my ass sued), enjoy:
NY Firemen love Bobbie and Eric
And it is the political season...
Vote for the Mini-Burgers!
PS - Thanks, Bobbie. You're killing me over here. He he he!
The "real" fantasy season starts Thursday night with the Redskin at the Giant.
Hope springs eternal... I hope I don't do auxiliary stats this year.
all the pieces are in place... yow, bill
draft this year will feature something new. We'll have snacks and beers
and pizza afterwards, complete with smack talk and my conversation with
the Poap about how we're going to dominate the league (not) again this
Oh wait, that's what we do every year. OK, sounds good.
Here are your time-space coordinates:
- Where: Castle BillSkull... 1219 Bonnema Ct in Naperville
- When: Saturday Aug 30, 2:30 pm... the draft starts at 3:00
- Why: Draft your team for the Payton34 2008 fantasy football season
- What the F: Call me if you're whatever: 630-555-3961.
[side note: jeez, this orange is already bugging the crap out of me... my cones, my rods!]
[side note note: never mind... I moved the orange to the right and made it smaller... ah, gray]
Draft order is last year's results upside down, with newbies smushed in between the lottery teams and the playoff teams.
- Daryl the Lawn Ranger - Lawn Rangers
- Jay Grace - Connvicks
- Aaron - Palatine
- Greg - Hilltopper
- Eric the Poap - Melonville
- Mark - Plainfield
- Any newbies will be inserted here!
- More newbies...
- Ty or Justin - Cincy
- Myles - St. Charles
- Chris the Commish - KGG
- WilliamT - Naperville
Email me if you have questions.
- Yes, you can change your team name.
- You can see last year's draft on the web site.
- We had 14 rounds last year... I expect the same this year.
- Draft order is snake... first to last and then last to first. BTW, can we vote on this again? Because it sucks.
was shared last year by Ty and Justin. I expect each young buck to have
his own team this year. We'll give one boy the Cincy franchise and the
other will be considered a newbie. We'll determine this the same as the
NFL: coin flip. He he.
- I hope to have at least 2 newbies (Brad and Kurt) and more if we can swing it.
- The fee is $50, unless you're a kid or saddled by NCAA rules in some way.
usually give a list of sites with player rankings. I think this section
is obsolete. Shit, everyone can do that now. Just hit ESPN or CBS
Sportsline or Foxsports or just use the Yahoo rankings in our league.
Or, get creative and google "fantasy football" or something.
First off, thanks to everyone for an excellent draft... or as my Hispanic brothers would say, muy drafte excellentamente. Cha.
Some fun draft facts:
give a special shout out to our NYNY brothers and sisters for doing
such a great (re. quick) drafting over the phone. Thanks, Brad and
Bobbie and Annabelle.
- We played football and frisbee after the draft to sober up and forget about our lousy teams.
- We have 4 father/son teams: Bill/Ty, Chris/Justin, Eric/Myles, Daryl/Aaron.
- We have 1 girl: Bobbie.
- Aaron did a shot with his selection of the Chicago Bears defense in the 6th round... first Bear taken.
- Aaron did another shot with each of his last 3 selections: Greg Olsen, Marty Booker and Neck Beard.
- Adam Dunn's head bobbled throughout the draft.
frequently proclaimed his happiness and declared that Willie Parker in
the 5th round was like buying a motorcycle at Walmart for 25 cents...
OK enough already... the draft results:
- The draft results, sorted by team, from Yahoo (kinda crappy)... draft_results.htm
- And here are my original scribblings...
Why do I create those small image files... sigh. Geezer!
peace... yow, bill
PS - How did Fast Willie Parker fall to the 5th round, anyway?
Hair of the dog, baby... fantasy baseball!
That's all folks.
he he... yow, bill
PS - Alright... en homage to the Poap and America's Team: